The 30×30 Health Systems Initiative is a CCIH effort to strengthen 30 health systems in which faith-based health services operate, by 2030.
The foundation of 30×30 is the “health systems commitment” in which members, affiliates and other organizations commit to work in one or more health systems to improve such things as leadership, finance, workforce, supply chain, health information and services.
CCIH will harness lessons and foster learning among organizations and promote what will be called the “ABCs of health system strengthening.”
Goals of 30×30 Health Systems Initiative:
- Increase global attention to the work of FB health services.
- Work alongside FB health services to increase funding and improve policies.
- Gather evidence of stronger health systems for FBOs.
Here’s what you need to know to make your commitment:
What is a Commitment?
A commitment is a public statement to work together to strengthen a health system in which FBOs operate. Please include what your organization plans to do to strengthen the health system(s), including which of the following components will be affected and how: services, workforce, financing, supply chain, data, leadership/governance. Emphasize how this commitment will affect two or more organizations and how it will lead to better access, utilization and/or quality of services.
Benefits of making a Commitment
- Raise visibility for your work with decision makers.
- Help CCIH advocate for your work.
- Help others know what you are trying to do so they can help.
- Help CCIH analyze gaps in resources and services.
Who can make a Commitment?
- CCIH Organizational Members
- CCIH Affiliates
- Non-member CCIH Organizations
What Information Will You Need To Make a Commitment?
- Countries or regions in which your organization operates
- Operational setting
- Number of facilities or programs you operate
- Populations or conditions targeted
- Areas of health systems strengthening you are seeking to improve. (health services, supply chain, finance, workforce, leadership, data)
- Identify Any Partners
- Timeline (planned or ongoing)
What Are the Next Steps?
CCIH will assemble a Commitment ”book,” which is a soft copy of all commitments to share with partners and encourage them to come alongside FBOs to meet these HSS goals. We will compile and share critical resources on HSS and foster a set of “ABCs” that all partners and actors should embrace and seek FBO presence at strategic global forums on HSS. CCIH will gather evidence and stories of systems that are working and what challenges that are encountered to foster further learning.
For more information on the 30×30 Health Systems Initiative, see this brief summary flyer or this more in-depth Slide Deck.
If you are are ready to make your commitment visit tinyurl.com/30x30CCIH