All Visa Letter Requests Must Be Received by March 31, 2018
Christian Connections for International Health appreciates the continued interest that our Global South organizational and individual members have in the Annual Conference. However, due to the drastic increase in visa letter requests over the past three years, we have revised our visa letter assistance policy. This decision came after analyzing the percentage of applicants who receive a visa and the time required for CCIH staff to ensure quality service to each visa applicant while faced with time and resource constraints.
Therefore, visa letter requests for the 2018 Conference will only be granted to applicants who fit the following qualifications:
For Member Organizations sponsoring applicants:
- Organization must be up to date on 2017 and 2018 dues. Any outstanding dues are due by April 7, 2018.
- Each organization is limited to nominating two individuals. All nominees must be paid staff or board members of the organization.
- No substitutions will be accepted if a nominee does not receive a visa or otherwise cannot attend the conference. Please choose your nominees wisely and judiciously.
For Individual Members:
- Must be existing member (joined prior to 2018) who is up to date on 2017 and 2018 CCIH dues. Any outstanding dues are due by April 7, 2018.
- Must have attended the CCIH conference at least once between 2012 and 2017. This policy is in effect for 2018 only and will be reviewed next year.
If you know someone who has just learned about CCIH and the Annual Conference, please encourage them to join as a member. We hope that these restrictions will be loosened in 2019 and beyond, but the best way to ensure eligibility is to join now and engage with the CCIH community.
Finally, we understand that member organizations in particular may have questions about this new policy. All questions may be sent to conference (at) ccih.org, subject line: Visa Policy Question.
Thank you again for your continued support of CCIH!