CCIH Programs and Initiatives
CCIH implements a number of programs and initiatives working in partnership with our members and others. Our programs range from health systems strengthening; advocating for global health programs and especially for the work of faith-based organizations; mapping Christian health assets; improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH); and helping CCIH members strengthen their capacity.
- 30×30 Health Systems Initiative
- Christian Health Asset Mapping Consortium
- Organizational Capacity Development Support: To help FBOs evaluate their effectiveness, and identify where to focus improvement efforts, CCIH developed a set of tools with supporting guidance and a process to strengthen their organizational effectiveness and impact. Tools include:
- Overview of OCA Tools
- Comprehensive OCA (English)
- Comprehensive OCA (French/Français)
- Preliminary OCA
- OCA Action Plan Template
- CCIH is planning to release an additional tool in 2023, the Christian Organizational Identity Assessment (COIA), that will help FBOs better understand their own faith identification based on a series of faith attributes of internal orientation or external engagement.
- Small Grants Program
CCIH participates in these programs:
Recently Completed Programs
Strengthening Community Outcomes through Positive Engagement (SCOPE): CCIH completed our involvement in SCOPE in January 2023. The SCOPE program improved optimal birth spacing, skilled maternity care, essential newborn care, and prompt and appropriate treatment for childhood illness. CCIH supported SCOPE by managing subawards to the Christian Health Associations in Kenya (CHAK) and Malawi (CHAM), and the Organization for Peoples’ Empowerment and Needs (OPEN) in South Sudan to implement activities that increase reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) services through community health workers. More about CCIH’s role in SCOPE