Abstract Are Due January 16, 2019
The CCIH 2019 Conference will be held June 6-8 at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. Our theme is Called to Care: A Strong Community for Lasting Health. At our core, faith communities are called to care for themselves and those in need. Paul’s letter in Philippians 2:3-4 reminds us to “do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
The conference will explore questions such as:
- How do we build capacity of local caring communities and organizations?
- How can faith-based organizations incorporate human-centered design? (Program design that considers the human perspective in all steps of development and problem solving.)
- Are faith-based programs themselves resilient and innovative?
- Are we working with other faith-based organizations, churches, government agencies, NGOs, and others to ensure our communities are self-sufficient?
- How are faith-based organizations integrating faith and work in the field?
And much more.
Learn more about opportunities to reach Christians working in global health by becoming a conference sponsor.
See the 2019 Conference Sponsorship Packet
Submit an Abstract by January 16, 2019. Please read the instructions before submitting your abstract.
CCIH offers a limited number of scholarships to members. These are generally intended for members who are students in the U.S. or global health professionals in developing countries. The General Scholarship is intended for attendees who have an interest in any area of global health. The Luann & Ray Martin MCH Scholarship is intended for students and professionals with a demonstrated interest in Maternal and Child Health.
General Scholarship Application
Luann & Ray Martin MCH Scholarship Application
Scholarship Applications are due February 2, 2019.
Registration will open soon.