2019 CCIH Conference
Abstract Are Due January 16, 2019
The CCIH 2019 Conference will be held June 6-8 at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. Our theme is Called to Care: A Strong Community for Lasting Health. At our core, faith communities are called to care for themselves and those in need. Paul’s letter in Philippians 2:3-4 reminds us to “do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
The conference will explore questions such as:
- How do we build capacity of local caring communities and organizations?
- How can faith-based organizations incorporate human-centered design? (Program design that considers the human perspective in all steps of development and problem solving.)
- Are faith-based programs themselves resilient and innovative?
- Are we working with other faith-based organizations, churches, government agencies, NGOs, and others to ensure our communities are self-sufficient?
- How are faith-based organizations integrating faith and work in the field?
And much more.
Learn more about opportunities to reach Christians working in global health by becoming a conference sponsor.
CCIH offers a limited number of scholarships to members. These are generally intended for members who are students in the U.S. or global health professionals in developing countries. The General Scholarship is intended for attendees who have an interest in any area of global health. The Luann & Ray Martin MCH Scholarship is intended for students and professionals with a demonstrated interest in Maternal and Child Health.
Scholarship Applications are due February 2, 2019.
Registration will open soon.Learn More
by Ellie Harrison, CCIH Communications and Advocacy Intern There is a growing sentiment among some in the global health community that the HIV epidemic is at a tipping point. After a decades-long global effort, we…Read More
The faith community had a strong presence at the fifth International Conference on Family Planning, held in Kigali, Rwanda November 12-15, 2018. There were 22 posters related to faith and family planning, at least six…Read More
CCIH oﬀers membership to individuals and to Christian organizations working in International Health and Development. Additional organizations may join the CCIH network as aﬃliates.