Information Required for Organization Members, Affiliates, and Universities
Thank you for your organization’s interest in applying to become a member of CCIH. Our hope is that together, we can strengthen capacity, share information and opportunities, and provide a forum for dialogue, networking, advocacy, and fellowship to our network of organizations and individuals working in global health.
We amplify our members’ impact by increasing their visibility, advocating for them with funders and policy makers, and helping them develop the resources they need to serve. Applicants will become full members upon board approval and payment of annual dues.
Please note: The CCIH Board of Directors reviews applications on a quarterly basis and makes official decisions at their quarterly meetings held in March, June, September and December.
In order to feel confident with the information we share about our members, we require the following items to be considered for membership:
- Completed organizational application form.
- You will be asked in the application form to state whether your organization identifies as a Christian organization or not. Please consider this carefully. If your organization does not identify as a Christian organization, you should apply to be an Affiliate.
- A brief overview of your organization’s years in existence and primary functions, and descriptions of health focus areas and programs. (One to two paragraphs)
- A statement of why you’re interested in membership and how membership will advance your mission. (One paragraph)
- Proof of your organization’s not-for-profit or NGO registration (the method or certification your government uses to recognize not-for-profit status).
- Financial statements (such as a balance sheet or statement of financial position and income statement or profit and loss account) or tax forms.
- List of your organization’s board and their affiliations.
- Location of headquarters and regional/national offices.
- Two (2) letters of reference. If you are connected with a CCIH member who can serve as a reference, we recommend asking them for a reference. If you do not know a CCIH member, we suggest you ask someone from a health, civil society or community organization to serve as a reference. Please give your references the CCIH reference form to complete.
Student Groups or Clubs
We also invite student organizations/clubs at a university or college to join our membership. The group must submit a letter of recommendation from their faculty sponsor, documentation from the university proving the Group/Club was formally established at the university or college, and complete the application form.
If you have any questions about your application or submitting the required information listed above, please send an email to membership (at) ccih.org.
We look forward to working with you on our membership application!