CCIH began in 1987 as a forum for Christian agencies and individuals concerned about global health to discuss areas of mutual interest. Today we are a diverse network of organizations and individuals from across the globe. Our mission is to promote international health and wholeness from a Christian perspective.
CCIH serves Christians and others working in international health as it:
- facilitates networking among Christian organizations and individuals;
- relates to secular and government international health programs;
- shares information and experiences;
- promotes interagency cooperation;
- raises awareness and advocates on key international health issues;
- provides a forum for discussion;
- promotes Christian health work in developing countries; and
- engages with students interested in Christian international health.
Our interaction with private, governmental and international agencies is expanding as the international community recognizes and acknowledges the pivotal role that faith-based organizations play in global health care. CCIH is increasingly being sought out by these agencies for its ability to connect with, and to be a voice for, Christians involved in international health.