Faith-based Organizations and COVID-19
CCIH Discussion Group
CCIH-COVID19 email discussion group for sharing news and resources about the COVID-19 virus, with special emphasis on the response from the faith community. Visit the Group Page and select Join the Group to subscribe.
World Council of Churches Resources
The World Council of Churches has a COVID-19 fact sheet and other resources here.
Platform to Track Religious Dimensions in COVID-19
The Georgetown University Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs launched an online repository to organize information in several categories, starting with recommendations on reliable sources of information about the pandemic itself. The platform focuses on (i) responses to directives to limit physical gatherings and their implications for religious communities; (ii) specific practices and adaptations of practices, messaging and advocacy, and countering negative religious voices; (iii) specific outreach to vulnerable people and communities; (iv) major advocacy efforts linked to religious actors; and (v) reflections on long term impacts and lessons. Sign up for daily emails here
The platform includes the results of a consultation of representatives from faith-based organizations, including CCIH, and secular partners. View Summary
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: General Community, Faith-based Organizations including Churches, Healthcare Professionals
Africa CDC Guidance on Community Social Distancing for COVID-19 to help communities understand the recommended practices to limit transmission of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
World Health Organization: Latest Updates
The Online Faith Collective started in response to the requirements of social distancing during the COVID-19 response that keeps people from attending worship services. The site also has Resources for online worship and a way to add your suggested resources.
Resources for Churches from CCIH member the Humanitarian Disaster Institute at Wheaton College. The page includes: Preparedness Manual and Planning Template: “Preparing Your Church for Coronavirus (COVID-19): A Step-by-Step, Research-Informed and Faith-Based Planning Manual” and “Coronavirus Church Planning Template.” One of the unique features about this manual and template is that pastors and church leaders can download, complete, and save their plan digitally.
Faith and COVID-19 Podcast Series
The Women Arise podcast series is hosting interviews with a variety of faith leaders to educate communities and dispel myths and misperceptions about COVID-19. The first interview featured
Imam Ossama Bahloul sharing the impact of COVID-19/Coronavirus on religious practices at the Islamic Center of Nashville.
Resources in Multiple Languages
- Hesperian Health Guides has a fact sheet on the virus in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Urdu, Bangla, Filipino, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia, Farsi, Sindhi, Telugu, and Hindi here
- The Minnesota Department of Health in the U.S. has materials about COVID-19 in Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Hmong, Karen, Russian, Somali, Spanish and Vietnamese here
- The Washington State Department of Health and Seattle-King County Health Department have materials in on COVID-19 in Khmer, Thai, Vietnamese, and many other languages here
- The Western New York Commission on Occupational Safety and Health has a very large collection of links to COVID-19 resources in many languages here.
- The Presbyterian Mission Agency Presbyterian Disaster Agency has a resource on Preparedness For Pandemics to help congregations plan a response for worship and ministry continuation should the need arise. It is available in English, Korean, and Spanish here