CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HEALTH CHAMPIONS
The CCIH Christian International Health Champion Award was launched in 2014 to honor an individual who has dedicated their life to global health from a Christian perspective and has made significant contributions to the field and to CCIH.
Award nominees are evaluated by the CCIH Board of Directors on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to using his/her skills and knowledge to serve the health care needs of vulnerable populations across the globe.
- Efforts to elevate the voice of Christians and Christian organizations working in international health.
- Significant voluntary contributions of time and expertise to the development and success of CCIH.
- Role as a leader, visionary and role model for Christians working in international health.
- Current CCIH Board members are not eligible.
The award is presented at the CCIH Annual Conference. (The recipient must attend the conference.)
2021 | Debbie Dortzbach, MPH, MN | About Debbie Dortzbach | Watch the video of Debbie’s acceptance remarks
2020 | Connie Gates, MPH, Comprehensive Rural Health Project (Jamkhed) | Connie passed away shortly after receiving the award. Learn more about Connie Gates and her achievements in global health, especially her passion for community-based health.
2019 | Karen Sichinga, MSN, MPH, Executive Director, Churches Health Association of Zambia | About Karen Sichinga
2018 | Robin Davis, MN, RN, President Emerita, Global Health Action | About Robin Davis
2017 | Frank Baer, MHS-TM, DrPH, Vice President, SANRU | About Frank Baer
2016 | Samuel Mwenda, MD, General Secretary, Christian Health Association of Kenya | About Samuel Mwenda
2015 | Henry Mosley, MD, MPH, Professor Emeritus, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health | About Henry Mosley
2014 | Douglas Huber, MD, MSc, Reproductive Health Specialist and Co-Chair CCIH Family Planning and Reproductive Health Working Group | About Douglas Huber