CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HEALTH CHAMPIONS
The CCIH Christian International Health Champion Award was launched in 2014 to honor an individual who has dedicated his/her life to global health from a Christian perspective and has made significant contributions to the field and to CCIH.
Award nominees are evaluated by the CCIH Board of Directors on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to using his/her skills and knowledge to serve the health care needs of vulnerable populations across the globe.
- Efforts to elevate the voice of Christians and Christian organizations working in international health.
- Significant voluntary contributions of time and expertise to the development and success of CCIH.
- Role as a leader, visionary and role model for Christians working in international health.
- Current CCIH Board members are not eligible.
The award is presented at the CCIH Annual Conference. (The recipient must attend the conference.)
2020 Award Nominations
Please use this form to nominate a champion for 2020. Nominations are due February 13, 2020.
2019 | Karen Sichinga, MSN, MPH, Executive Director, Churches Health Association of Zambia | About Karen Sichinga
2018 | Robin Davis, MN, RN, President Emerita, Global Health Action | About Robin Davis
2017 | Frank Baer, MHS-TM, DrPH, Vice President, SANRU | About Frank Baer
2016 | Samuel Mwenda, MD, General Secretary, Christian Health Association of Kenya | About Samuel Mwenda
2015 | Henry Mosley, MD, MPH, Professor Emeritus, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health | About Henry Mosley
2014 | Douglas Huber, MD, MSc, Reproductive Health Specialist and Co-Chair CCIH Family Planning and Reproductive Health Working Group | About Douglas Huber