Secure Funding and Partners: A Three-Step Journey for FBOs
October 3, 4, and 5, 2023 from 8 am to 10 am US EDT/ 12:00 to 2:00 pm UTC
CCIH is launching the first series of our new Virtual Learning Institute this October. As we adapt our annual US-based in-person conferences to a biennial model, we are introducing new opportunities to strengthen our global member and partner capacity in crucial areas, beginning with Business Development in 2023.
If you need help securing viable partnerships and financial support for your organization, this virtual series is for you! Faith-based organizations need to compete well to survive and thrive.
This series is designed to equip your organization with key strategies and set you in motion to access the complicated international funding landscape, build partnerships, and develop the materials you must have to succeed. The two-hour sessions will be held over zoom over a three-day period, focusing on the following key areas.
- Day 1: How to find and track funding opportunities. Includes business development sector landscapes, using donor websites, and developing a tracking and prospect list. Our focus is on major funders.
- Day 2: Building and managing effective partnerships. Includes finding partners, assessing fit, developing teaming agreements, and risk assessments.
- Day 3: Tools to help you sell your organization. Includes capability statements, value propositions, what to put on your website, and developing pitches for partner meetings.
The training will be facilitated by Devynn Birx-Raybuck, a business development expert with extensive experience working with faith-based organizations.
French interpretation will be available.
Who should participate in this training?
- Organization staff who are responsible for business development and need to improve their skills.
- Organization leaders who want to position their organization for viable global partnerships and funding.
- Stakeholders, board members, and other interested people who want a deeper understanding of business development in faith-based non-profit health work.
See what others say about this training!
CCIH offered similar training to a small group of members earlier this year. Here’s what they had to say:
“The creation of the Capability Statements helped us to zero in on our strengths. We now have a tool that we can use for the first time for funding opportunities.”- Laura, US-based FBO
“The facilitator had an excellent mastery of the subject matter. The training gave me practical tips on what set winning proposals apart from others in a highly competitive landscape.” -Vivian, Africa-based Christian health network
About the Trainer
Devynn Birx-Raybuck has 13 years of experience in business development, including 7 years supporting faith-based organizations such as CMMB, IMA World Health, Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau, and CCIH. She directly contributed to more than $500 million in awards from USAID, FCDO UK, foundations, and other bilateral and multilateral funders.
Devynn is passionate about ensuring organizations are prepared to pursue funding opportunities through coaching in prospect research, capture planning, and improving organizational BD processes. She holds an MA in Global Policy from Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies.
Registration closed September 26, 2023.