About the Consortium
Christian Connections for International Health Member Compact
As a member of Christian Connections for International Health (CCIH), I understand the importance of investing time and attention to building the greater good of CCIH membership, and have certain expectations of the CCIH team as well.
Engagement is Key
I agree that membership calls me to engage. I understand in order to optimize and get the most from my membership, I must engage. I will participate regularly, as my organizational team and I are able, in forums and other avenues of networking, information sharing, advocacy, and prayer and fellowship.
Going Farther Together
I believe meaningful membership engagement means communicating with CCIH and other members. That is what “Connections” is about. I will thoughtfully consider sharing lessons learned, helpful resources, upcoming events and opportunities for partnership with CCIH to share with members to further strengthen the network. I agree to inform CCIH staff when contact information changes.
Key Attributes of CCIH Membership
I agree to the following key principles in our global work:
- Lean into our Christian faith by loving our neighbors
- Promote holistic health
- Steward well all grant, project, human and environmental resources
- Operate legally, safely, and ethically
- Respect other CCIH members regardless of ideology, theology, or point of view
- Avoid harmful practices, such as exploitation or abuse, toward all people, especially children and populations on the “margins.”
Member Dues and Voting Rights
I understand that members who are paid up on their dues for the year are in good standing. Members in good standing can vote. I agree to exercise my right to vote for the Board of Directors or other matters arising in the Annual Business Meeting.
What I Can Expect from CCIH
CCIH commits to the following. We will help you:
- Tell your story. We will offer opportunities for you to share news and impacts and learnings from your work with a variety of audiences.
- Strengthen your integration of faith and health. We will guide our network to pray for your and our collective impact on the physical and spiritual health of those we serve. Will provide ways for you to join in fellowship with other Christians working in health. We will help you explore how Christian faith adds perspective and motivation to your work.
- Access resources and partners to advance your programs. We will share funding notices and seek to broker networks and consortia of faith-based actors and partners to increase opportunities for donor support.
- Increase adaptive learning and capacity strengthening. We will provide tools, guidance and knowledge to help you respond to the call for evidence-based practice and applying emerging global guidelines to local contexts.
- Belong to an influential global movement. We will amplify your voice and advocate for faith-based organizations as vital actors in global health to policy makers and funders at local, national and international levels.
By agreeing to this member compact, you are standing together with CCIH and our membership to continue the work of sharing God’s love and serving His people.
Revised June 2023